Chartered Management Institute Approved Centre
Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership
Written Assessment – 5
Unit 5001V1 – Personal development as a manager and leader
Date of Issue:
13th May 2015
Date Due In:
26th June 2015
Word Document submitted to:
Candidates are to write an essay of between 2500 and 3000 words excluding appendices about how to improve their own management and leadership skills and competencies to help meet your performance objectives. You should also write about how you develop effective working relationships to help you deal with a variety of situations in the workplace which will require you to support and promote staff welfare. Your essay should be based on research, investigation and analysis which you have carried out yourself making sure that you acknowledge sources and include appropriate references, bibliography and appendices in support of your investigation and argument.
The essay should answer the following questions demonstrating your knowledge and understanding of the topics covered by this unit.
1. Identify the importance of continual self-development in achieving organisation objectives. Also assess your current skills and competencies against your defined role requirements and the organisational objectives.
2. Construct a personal development plan including achievable but challenging goals, you must also identify the development opportunities to meet the current and defined needs.
3. Identify the resources required to support the personal development plan and develop a business case to secure the resources required to support the personal development plan. You should then review and update the personal development plan.
4. Discuss the processes needed for you to be able to implement your personal development plan and evaluate the impact it will have on your achievement of define role requirements and organisational objectives.
5. Discuss the relationship between staff welfare and organisational objectives and explain the process for assessing staff welfare. Also explain the actions to be taken by a manager in dealing with a staff welfare issue.
6. Discuss how to communicate the responsibilities for staff welfare to the team and discuss records that may be maintained to demonstrate that staff welfare is supported.
When you present your work for assessment, the completed and signed statement of authenticity must be attached. Your Tutor will then countersign this before it is submitted for assessment.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO PROJECTS OR ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE MARKED UNTIL EVERY CANDIDATE HAS HANDED IN THEIR WORK. IT IS IMPORTANT THEREFORE TO KEEP TO THE DEADLINE AS A LATE SUBMISSION WILL AFFECT OTHER MEMBERS OF THE COURSE.
To be awarded a pass you must be successful (pass) in each section of the assignment. If your assignment is assessed as unsatisfactory, notification will be given to you by your tutor, with an indication of the shortfalls in it. You may resubmit the assignment, or submit a new assignment, on up to two occasions during your period of enrolment with the CMI. If there is anything in these instructions or in the assignment itself which you do not understand, please seek guidance from your tutor.
STATEMENT OF AUTHENTICITY
THIS STATEMENT MUST BE COMPLETED AND SIGNED BY THE CANDIDATE, COUNTERSIGNED BY THE TUTOR, AND AFFIXED TO THE COMPLETED ASSIGNMENT BEFORE IT IS SUBMITTED FOR ASSESSMENT BY THE INSTITUTE.
Programme: Chartered Management Institute Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership (Level...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document